Bombay Aloo by N.C. Strugnell
16th November 2002 · Food and Drink
- 1 lb small new potatoes
- 4 fl oz yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 2 fresh green chillies
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 ground bay leaves
- Boil the potatoes until 3/4 done.
- Mix the yoghurt, sugar, turmeric, ground coriander, garam masala and bay leaves.
- Dip the potatoes into the yoghurt mix with a fork and then put in the hot oil.
- Cover and cook for 10’15 mins until tender.
- Add the chopped fresh chillies and stir carefully.
- Mix the fresh coriander into any remaining yoghurt and pour over.
- Cook for further 5 mins then serve, salting to taste.